Online painting lessons with Diane Williams
Offering 2-hour private lessons with Zoom and your smartphone for $90. Contact Diane for more info on how to set up your first lesson!
Email, text or call Diane for more info: 587-899-0064
Learn to Paint Horses with Summerland, BC Artist Diane Williams
Offering private lessons
What you will learn:
- A lesson on composition and placement of your subject on the canvas
- A step by step presentation on Stages 1-4 (see photos) on how to layer your color. Starting from understanding how to paint a brilliant base layer to the refinement of each stage and finally to special detail on one part of the painting.
- Color mixing without black, brown, or grey.
- Diane will guide you through the process from a charcoal sketch to a finished painting.
- Horse paintings typically take two to three full three-hour sessions.
- Open to all ages. No previous painting experience is necessary. Diane has taught high school grades 8-12 for over 30 years. From first time painters to building portfolios for post-secondary art including Advanced Placement Art (first-year college).
- Book Diane for a luminous tune-up of your skills or simply learn to paint. Horses, Roosters, Flowers, and Favorite Pets are all wonderful subjects too!
Schedule a session: $50/hour or bring a friend $70/hour for two.
A Unique Studio Experience
I invite you to my PRIVATE STUDIO for two special days to paint and speak art while you enjoy the beauty of the surrounding Okanagan Valley. I will assist you on how to flow the spirit of an animal or place with brush and paint onto the canvas. Please contact me for more details on this opportunity.
- Canvas 16x20 with wrapped sides 1.5” deep.
- Clear, close-up color digital photo of a plant , flower, face of a horse or other non -complex subject matter. The photo should have good structure or large shapes with not too much fussy detail. Bring your photo on a thumb drive so you can paint from my large computer screen or bring your lap top to paint the image from.
- Basic colors - lemon yellow (Hanza or Azo ) cadmium orange, dioxazine purple, manganese blue or cerulean blue, ultramarine blue, cobalt blue, magenta or quinacridone violet, permanent rose or quinacridone rose, Indian yellow and a large titanium white.
- You are welcome to bring any other colors that you have except for brown, grey or black.
- Brushes: 4, 8, 10 inch filbert (flat brush with a curved tip, I prefer the filberts).
- Palette to mix on. I use a 16x20 Grey Matters paper palette. Swinton’s Art Supplies will give you 10% off all supplies if you are a student.
- Willow Vine Charcoal for drawing the image onto the canvas. Buy the smallest in thickness.
Cost: $150 for 3 hours of private instruction. Or bring a friend, $200 for 2 people.
At the end of two to three sessions: you will have a luminous painting ready to give as a gift or to hang in a special place in your home, specific instructions on how to be able to paint full-spectrum paintings on your own.
Additional lessons: $50/hour private or $70/hour for two students.
*Ask about Tuesday morning group lessons.